Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Layout Technique from Embellish It!!

There is a new website http://www.mycraftchannel.com/ where you can watch crafting videos. Everyday there is a segment called Embellish It. They are short videos, usually around 2 minutes or less, that show you a quick and easy technique. The first episode was using paper strips. Usually I will use 2 12x12 pieces of paper for the background and then another 12x12 paper for layering or paper strips but she cut 2 pieces of 12x12 cardstock, one solid and one design, into 6x12 pieces. She placed them side by side and attached a thin strip of a third paper right down the center to adhere them together. I used a piece of scrap paper for this strip so I actually saved paper using this technique. Once I put the paper together I wasn't quite sure if I liked it but after placing my pictures and embellishments I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Here's the final project...



Thanks for looking. Comments are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment